Why do I need to visit the Dental Hygienist?
- Overall Health: Researchers have found that gum disease is associated with other health problems such as heart disease, stroke
anddiabetes. Likewisepregnant women are at risk of periodontal disease which will benefit from early diagnosis and treatment..
- Keep your teeth for a lifetime – There have been many advances in dental medicine and denture wear, but, if at all possible, it is still desirable to keep your own original teeth. Early dental treatment and prevention is the best way to maintain a
- To Prevent Gum Disease – Daily habits of brushing and cleaning between your teeth is important. Gum Disease is the number one cause of tooth loss in adults. Many times people are unaware they have gum disease because it is painless in the early stages. A regular visit to the dentist and dental hygienist for a dental cleaning helps to remove the hard deposits on the teeth, assess the gums and help you with any maintenance issues.
- To Prevent Halitosis (bad breath) – A thorough dental cleaning by a dental hygienist can help individuals with bad breath. If you are
onof those that have a problem with halitosis, having your teeth cleaned regularly will certainly assist in improving your oral health.
- Healthy smile – By visiting your dental hygienist on a regular basis you can have your teeth cleaned, and take care of any other issues that may arise before your teeth or gums are damaged. Over time everyone will have plaque and tartar
build upon their teeth. Having your teeth cleaned will remove the hard and soft deposits that have built up in areas that you are unable to get to.
It is recommended all new patients complete a full dental examination and treatment plan . An appropriate treatment plan and appointment will then be made for patients to attend our dental hygienist clinic .
To arrange a full dental examination or dental hygienist appointment, please contact the Ennis Dental Health Centre on 065 682 8227.