It is routine for us to use the highest of standards in cross-infection control in line with the recommendations by the Irish Dental Council. However due to the current epidemic we have implemented additional protocols from the NSAI, the IDA, the HSE, the H.S.A., NPHET, the HPSC, the MPS and the Department of Health.
To allow social distancing we have added screens, partitions and an intercom. We have also restricted the number of patients that we see and the number of surgeries that we use.
Our aim is to ask the patient to:
- Arrive at the front door on time, alone and wearing a mask/face covering.
- Use the intercom to enter, go straight to reception and use the sanitiser.
- Bring their own pen and fill out the necessary forms, and go straight to the surgery.
- After treatment to go to the reception, pay by card if possible and exit the practice.
- You will be asked if you have any Covid-19 symptoms e.g. fever/cough/fatigue/shortness of breath, or have you had any recent close contact with a confirmed/suspected Covid-19 case. If the answer is yes to either question, please contact your GP and postpone any dental treatment.
- Appointments are by telephone only. Please make any cancellations at least 24 hours before the appointment.
- We are reducing the number of appointments to restrict patient numbers in the waiting room. Please don’t come early and please come on your own. Please no children or companions unless legal guardians/parents/an interpreter.
- Please follow Social Distancing and proper respiratory hygiene and cough etiquette.
- Please treat all our staff with courtesy and respect. Delays may be unavoidable.
- Please make all payments by card if possible.
- You will have your temperature taken before treatment. If it is too high (>35.4 degrees) your treatment will be deferred until it has returned to normal.
- You may be given a special mouthwash before treatment.
- All those patients who are high risk for Covid-19 may avail of a telephone consultation with a dentist. The fee is €30 which includes a prescription if needed.
- Please use the intercom at the main door to allow entrance.
- Please turn off your phone before entering the practice.
- Please don’t carry any unnecessary belongings
- All patients/carers/parents/interpreters must wear face coverings/masks before entering the practice.
- Please bring a biro.
- We would ask that you use the hand sanitiser immediately after entering the practice. Please don’t wear gloves.
- No toothbrushing please in the W.C.
- Thank you for your cooperation.